Getting Informed in (In-)Stable Regions
In this module the students will learn how to research and carry out an analysis of the media system. They independently work out the following dimensions of a media system analysis while at the same time locating a specific project in the media system.
- Structuring of the media landscape
- Economic context of the media market
- Legal and political framework of the media landscape
- Reach of individual media and quality of the media variety
- Level of freedom of the press
- Technological infrastructure in the host country
- Students are able to research, analyze and evaluate the structure as well as the economic and legal framework conditions of a media system in a given host country.
- Students have the capability to effectively plan and place their own information and advertising campaigns in a media system.
- Individual Analyses on journalistic ethics, principles of journalism, regulations, press freedom and pluralism in a chosen country
- Group discussions
- Media system analysis as the final paper
- Unit 1: Structures of Media Systems
- Unit 2: Basic Principles and Theories of Journalism
- Unit 3: Pluralism, Media Freedom, and Regulation
Tel.: 030 838 59267
Fax: 030 838 459267
We welcome your application via email. Please attach your CV and first university degree certificate.